SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_z2

new here and thanks!

debbie_z2
16 years ago

Hello everyone! Since I've lurked on this site for quite along time, I thought I should introduce myself and to especially thank ALL of you for such great advice over so many topics!

I live by the AB/SK border near Provost, AB and work full time at the local hospital and my main hobby for the past 22yrs, has been showing/trialing & breeding Australian Shepherds(first started with Mini Dachshunds, with only a 16yr old senior left) Have always liked to garden, but never had time it seemed with dog showing, to really do much.

This has changed dramatically the past 3yrs, with a new obsession of roses, lilies, daylilies, clematis and so on. I owe this "oh I love that" and "have to find it" all to you guys and all those gorgeous pics you post:)!!

My yard has many projects started, with a few almost finished and many in that "long ways" to go yet catagory.

One that I'm the most excited over, is doing a pondless waterfall. The boulders have been hauled, the basin has been dug and this spring, will be the put it together phase with many plants already on order. I exchanged the 10' x 12' liner that came with the kit, to a 10' x 25' one, so that I could have more of a creek or pooling area's on the length of it. I had originally wanted a full fledge pond, but with the Aussies being like ducks in the water, it was a potential disaster in the waiting, so this was a good compromise (I hope!:)

Anyways, I've been terribly long winded here, but just wanted to really express my Thanks to all of you experienced gardeners and you have helped me incredibly over the past couple of years with all your knowledge!

Debbie

Comments (18)