SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missylin_gw

colored newspaper for mulch- problem

missylin
15 years ago

I am having difficulty (striking out) in the mulch and newspaper business. My friend's husband, who was going to let me use his truck to get the mini pine bark nuggets decided loose mulch would hurt his truck. So now I don't know what to do, as the mini p.b. nuggets re only sold by the yard. And the places that sell it will either not deliver, or only deliver if I buy an outrageous amount of mulch. But my second problem is my stupid newspaper. The publishers love color. I was told here to use only black and white pages. Would you believe every page of every paper I looked at in my recycling bin had at least two colored pictures. Even the classifieds had color. The only thing I foudn in a week's worth of newspapers (and this is after I didn't recycle to have them for under the mulch) was a section about tax certificates people could buy for properties whose taxes were not paid. I didn't realize how much color this paper has. So if I ever figure out how to get mulch here, what do I do about newspaper. Should I not use it? It woudl be stupid to cut the color out of every page. I guess I could but then I'd have to "paste" in something in all the blank spaces. ????? Suggestions. My mom gets a paper from Orlando. I think it has less color, but she lives an hour away. I could buy that paper every day at the stand, though it's not sold as many places. No one I know here gets it. suggestions.

Comments (18)