SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knottyceltic

have: 3rd annual plant swap **london,sarnia,woodstk** part 3

knottyceltic
16 years ago

SIGNET: The plant is pretty robust Signet so another single eye isn't gonna hurt it. I'm still putting you down for an eye. I won't take anything more from it though, until next year.

As we've had to start another thread (the 2nd one ran out) I'm afraid I have to ask y'all to post what you have left to trade (once again) so that people don't have to go searching.

For any newcomers to the thread. The swap is in Appin Ontario just west of London, ON. the date is June 10th and other information will be forthcoming to those who send in confirmation that they will be attending.

Anyone else who hasn't sent me an email to get on the confirmation list and who still intends to come, please email me by clicking here and let me know if you are bringing people with you so we have a good head count.

And lastly, here is my most recently updated swap list:

NEW!1 pot of three 2nd year Jack-in-the-pulpits

1 pot (2 seedlings) Spotted Jewelweed aka Touch-me-nots (promised to SKRAPS)

2 pots Pale Corydallis seedling (promised to GreyLady)

2 pots Krystal White Columbine seedlings (HUGE white spurred flower)color="red">(promised to MERJA and SKRAPS)

1 sm. Daisy Fleabane (was supposed to be orange but turned out white with pink tips)color="red"> (promised to SHARRI)

1 pot Columbine likely white medium flower like parent(promised to ROTTIGIRL)

1 Centaurea Montana (promised to BONNIE)

3 pots Snapdragons (~5 plants per pot) (1 pot promised to SHARRI)

1 baby skyrocket Juniper (~10" tall) (promised to SIGNET)

2-3 single fans each of Daylily "fulva" (bright orange) (one pot promised to AUDREY)

3 pots wild purple violets

1 pot wild white violets(promised to ROTTIGIRL)

1 pot white Lily Turf and one dark purple fan of Iris (promised to SIGNET)

quite a few small plastic pots for planting and a few large pots for planting that come from shrubs and trees

seed trades

1 or 2 small divisions of Lungwort (Pulmonaria saccharata) 1 division each

promised to SIGNET and SKRAPS

3 small 3"x3" seedlings of Sedum (not Autumn Joy but not as bright as Brilliant)

1 non blooming small iris (promised to MERJA)

4 pots of Disco Orange Marigold - approx 3 plants per pot

2 pots of Reddish-orange Asiatic Lily - 2 sm. plants per pot(promised to

SIGNET and MERJA)

4 small pots of 'mystery seedlings' from mixed seed containing painted daisy and poppy seed (1 pot promised to ROTTIGIRL)

3 pots CandyTuft (pink/fuchia/white mix) - approx 6 seedlings per pot (1 pot promised to

ROSS)

1 pot seedling Pinks - approx 5 seedlings

2 small bundles of children's nature magazines

1 small bundle of Martha Stewart Living Magazine 2007

Black Cherry seedlings new this spring promised to SHARRI

I still owe something in trade to LUVINLIFE, BILL(wmc1), Jeff and

CHRIS*

(my list will grow as the seedlings grow...)

Barb/knottyceltic (co-host)

Comments (150)

• flowergirl_on
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

CAPEHLKE:
    Dianthus 'Brilliant' is fine, thank you. I already have white and pink bleeding heart and pink peony. What kind of iris is your white/yellow iris? Is it tall bearded, maybe you have a pic you could e-mail me? Purple datura interests me also. I'll bring lots of pink mum for you.

GRAYLADY-GARDENER:
    I don't have petunias for your tomato plant. You asked for pink bleeding heart. :)

SHARRI:
    I will bring you lots of pink mum.

Merja

• bev_w
    16 years ago

Greylady: In return for the climbing petunias I'd be interested in your pink mallow (do you know what variety?)

Capehlke, In return for the Blue Queen Salvia and Traechelium I'd be interested in your purple mums and cactus dalia.

Flowergirl: Do still have walking onions and strawberries? Anything on my list that interests you?

Signet: re: Alchemilla. I have two plants from seed that are thriving, but thanks anyway. If you have any Lavatera I'm looking for those (my seeds succumbed to aphids this year) . Lavatera don't transplant well, so even a couple of small seedlings would be fine. I'm also looking for woodland (low-growing) phlox, any colour.

Thanks.

- Bev

• Related Discussions

wanted: charleston, sc 3rd annual fall plant swap

Q

Comments (0)
    It's that time again folks! Charleston South Carolina 3rd Annual Fall Plant Swap. The Spring swap this year was a huge success, I want to build on that! So without any further ado: PLANT SWAP CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA September 25th, 10am set-up and browse....11am swap...immediately afterwards...LUNCH! We are having it at Park Circle in North Charleston, by the Gazebo. There are picnic tables, bathrooms and LOTS of room for kids to play and even more room for plants, parking and food. Pretty much everybody in Charleston is familiar with Park Circle....there are numerous ways to get to it, depending on which way you are coming. If you want or need directions you can E-mail me. I will get it and respond ASAP. Cactusmusic@netzero.com or Cell 843-200-5818 The way we swap will be the same... the basic Free For All. I will say go, everybody will grab ONE (1) plant and take it to their hiding area. After everybody has a plant, we repeat the process. Nice and Simple! I am always asked, WHAT should I bring? The simple answer is, If It Grows, It Goes!! Shrubs, Houseplants, Bulbs, Etc. Also, Garden Art, Garden Hoses, Fencing, Pots, If it is garden related, it will go! We will have plates and napkins and such, Please bring your own drinks and food for as many as you can. We like to do a Pot Luck style picnic and encourage everybody to stick around and participate. The socializing afterwards is as much fun as the swap itself, please try to give yourself enough time to stay and enjoy yourself! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Tell your friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of. Darren
    ...See More

HAVE: 3rd Annual Plant swap London, Woodstock , Sarnia ,

Q

Comments (150)
    Hi Rosco p ....good to hear from you ! Only time it is too late to join is the day after the swap LOL !. Up till then it's all good. I look forward to meeting you too ....since we have done some great swaps. When you are ready ...go ahead and post what you have available to swap. If possible if you could contact Knottyceltic directly ( there is a link above in one of her posts) so she can add you and if you are bringing your spouse and/or children she can add them to the list as well. I ask that when you come you bring a chair for yourself and each person accompanying you as I dont have adequate seating for everyone , Lots of room just not enough chairs . Also dont forget about the Gambler's circle. This is done at the end of the swap..any extra gardening items you have (plants ,seeds, magazines,etc bring them along for trading in the gamblers circle ...it is a put one take one kind of arrangement......you never know what you might find in the gambler's circle that you just cant live without LOL ! If you see anything from my lists above that you might like ....let me know and I will pot some up for you . SHARRI: I dont know if the bugle boy you have is the same as mine so I would like to work a trade with you for one . What might you like from my list for one of your plants ?please let me know . TO ALL : I am adding to my swap list. I have one small trade of pink forgetmenots Star of Bethlehem ( lots ) Penstemmon Husker's Red Achillea "The Pearl" ( lots) . I have also got a big container of Poppy seeds that I would be glad to take some out of for someone ( this was bought as a big bag and is commercial seed). I have one container of Mykes Growth supplement which is actually an organic microorganism that helps plants develop nice healthy roots fast . I have 3 small pots of Elephant Ears with One bulb in each . Let me know if you are interested. Rottweilergirl, Earlebyrd , and Lovem ...are you still interested in participating ? We would love to have you join us ! If you dont have plants to trade, dont worry , see Knottyceltic's list of alternative swap items .. We have a good time , good eats and good plants so I sure do hope you will join us ....it is a good way to add to your gardens with little to no cost except for some items that you might normally throw away . I thought of another item that might be a great swap item .....string/ or strips of material ....for tying up plants such as tomatos ....... Hey speaking of tomatos .....does anyone have any veggies to swap ? or annuals ? I would be interested. I am also looking for Garlic Chives ....does anyone have any to swap ? I would love some Amaranthus or Kiss me over the Garden gate too. Anyone have any to swap ? Signet
    ...See More

HAVE: rd annual swap **london sarnia woodstk** part 4

Q

Comments (150)
    SHARRI: You asked for 'Purple Waters' daylily. I have you down for that already. Did you want another one? You also asked for light blue iris, which I can bring. Sorry I am out of purple black/white columbine. For your mom you asked mini tan iris and purple with white columbine. I can bring those. Could it be possible to get 4 more tiger lilies for these? Please, let me know. I have you down for these previously: 'Purple Waters' daylily, mini tan iris, anemone sylvestris 'Madonna', reddish/yellow shorter iris, pink mum and Californian poppies. And for your mom Bonnie, I have red monarda and anemone sylvestris 'Madonna'. From your mom I am getting pink lavatera. From you: tiger lilies, horse poo, hollyhocks, gooseberry and pink maymoss. Merja
    ...See More

HAVE: NorthCentral Iowa 3rd Annual Garden & Plant Swap

Q

Comments (2)
    Darn, we will again be in Boston that day. You always have such a nice selection of plants and I am sorry to miss your date, but will catch you later. Stan
    ...See More
  • flowergirl_on
    16 years ago

BEV:
    Yes, I have lots of walking onions and strawberries. I will bring you a punch of both. Do you have any Schizanthus and petunias left?

DAYLILHOWIE:
    What type is your blue iris? I have quite a few blue irises already but you never know. Maybe you have a picture of it that you could e-mail me?

Merja

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

CAPEHLKE wrote: KNOTTYCELTIC - the Dianthus are interesting, I'll try a few if you have them or alternatively snapdraggon seedlings if you don't. Thanks.

CAPEHLKE: I'll put you down for one of each since they are both seedlings from this year (the Snaps should bloom soon though). *shakes hands* Done deal then.

Barb/knottyceltic

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

UPDATED SWAP LIST

several black flats that hold square pots
    about 3 dozen quad seedling starter pots
    about 8-10 large pots for planting that come from shrubs and trees
    1 pot of three 2nd year Jack-in-the-pulpits
    4 small pots of 'mystery seedlings' from mixed seed containing painted daisy and poppy seed (1
    pot promised to ROTTIGIRL)
    3 small 3"x3" seedlings of Sedum (not Autumn Joy but not as bright as Brilliant)
    3 pots CandyTuft (pink/fuchia/white mix) - approx 6 seedlings per pot (1 pot each promised to
    ROSS & FROGGED)
    seed trades
    2-3 single fans each of Daylily "fulva" (bright orange) (one pot promised to AUDREY)
    3 pots Snapdragons (~5 plants per pot)(1 pot each promised to SHARRI,
    CHRIS & IMAGOOCH)
    1 pot (2 seedlings) Spotted Jewelweed aka Touch-me-nots (promised to
    SKRAPS)
    2 pots Pale Corydallis seedling (promised to GREYLADY)
    2 pots Krystal White Columbine seedlings (HUGE white spurred flower)color="red">(promised to MERJA and SKRAPS)
    1 sm. Daisy Fleabane (was supposed to be orange but turned out white with pink tips) color="red"> (promised to SHARRI)
    1 pot Columbine likely white medium flower like parent(promised to
    ROTTIGIRL)
    1 pot white Lily Turf and one dark purple fan of Iris (promised to
    SIGNET)
    1 or 2 small divisions of Lungwort (Pulmonaria saccharata) (1 division each
    promised to SIGNET and SKRAPS)
    SIGNET and MERJA)
    1 pot seedling Pinks - approx 5 seedlings (promised to BONNIE)

I still owe something in trade to LUVINLIFE, BILL(wmc1) & Jeff x 2

Barb/knottyceltic

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How do you know what plants can be rooted by a cutting? And if they can, how do you do it?

Barb/knottyceltic

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

OOPS!! :) sorry I knew that I would mess up soon! I am trying to keep everything straight but I guess it was early (I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep)
    my tomato plant for your BLEEDING HEART :)

thanks
    Lois

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Anyone interested in a Clivia plant , I have 2 babies about 4 inches tall looking for new homes and I just got a bunch of seeds so I will be starting some new ones, so wont have room for these I already have a big one that has a baby and another medium sized one .

I also have a brown fig ....anyone interested?

Let me know
    Signet

• daylilyhowie
    16 years ago

Merja - If I remember correctly it is a pale blue. It should be out soon so I'll check. I am bringing lots to the swap so you can grab a piece then if you like.

Signet, I would be interested in your brown fig. Is it an in door plant year round or can it be outside?

• rosco_p
    16 years ago

SIGNET: The CLIVIA sounds very interesting. What would you like in trade?? Have you ever heard of LYCORIS?? I have a couple of bulbs of that if you are interested. Ross.

• sharri
    16 years ago

Signet-I would be interested in a piece of your Clivia plant if there is still some left.
    Merja- Thankyou so much.

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I will probably come across lots of things in the next couple of weeks that should go to a new home, but I think I will stop here. If there are any requests for anything in the next few days then I can make sure that they are all potted up and ready to go. :)

If I missed you on the trade list let me know.

Lois

NEW ADDITIONS AND STILL AVAILABLE:
    Solomons seal
    peach-leafed bellflower-either white or pale mauve/blue-wont know which until it blooms
    White goose-necked loosestrife
    Ivy--pale green and white variegated leaves
    Ivy--dark green leaves
    One perennial candytuftwhite
    Columbinemed. pink
    A few comfrey plants-(I got this a few years ago as I heard that it is good for your compost pile)
    One corydalis lutea-small but actually flowering right now
    rose of sharon-a few mauve/pinkish with maroon centre
    rose of sharon-white with maroon centre-a couple of tiny ones that started last year(a couple of inches tall) also found a couple about three inches tall.
    one pot of chives
    yellow loosestrife
    mallowwhite-- http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Malva/alba.php
    Egyptian walking onions
    grape hyacinth bulbs
    sundrops
    tall phloxwhite
    sedumI believe that it is brilliant
    sedumdragons blood--creeper
    dianthus-cheddar pinks-one pot-- http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/11436/
    maple seedling-the kind with the larger lobed leaves not the skinny deep lobed onesapprox-10-12" tall
    innula
    rose campion

CONFIRMED TRADES
    clustered bellflowers--2 small -dark purple-one pot each confirmed to signet & knottyceltic
    Mabel Fuller daylily-confirmed to daylilyhowie
    clematis--Prairie Traveller's Joy--(and it is a traveller)-one each confirmed to signet & sharri
    One tomato plant/seedling-probably about 20" tall-dont know the name but it is a very tiny tomato-translucent gold colour.-the tomatoes are tiny not the plant confirmed to flowergirl
    pink lily of the valley-couple of small pots-one pot each confirmed to signet, imagooch & ross
    mallow-pink-Bonnie -- http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Malva/galleryB.html
    persian coneflowers-confirmed to Bill
    climbing rose--I think it is called seven sisters--at least one small rooted piece-possibly two-one confirmed to Sharri & signet
    garlic chives-one pot confirmed to flower girl

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I have a site beside the pink mallow on the list above (my final list)that you can copy and paste, that will show you what they look like. Let me know what you think.

Lois

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

sorry, I forgot to put this on the list!

tansy-tanacetum vulgare crispum

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone ,

Boy I was only here this afternoon and look at all the activity since then ! This is great .

Firstly:

DAYLILY HOWIE: The brown fig is at least 3 years old..I put it out in the summer and bring it in during the winter (before a frost hits.) I am not sure if it is hardy to our zone but may very well be.....I am sure with some research that info should be available. If you would like it, it is yours ....no trade necessary .

ROSS: I would love to trade the clivia baby for the lycoris bulbs.

I have some not so good news, I potted up the pussy willows and the all dropped their green leaves.They look dead at this point ....I am going to go get some green from the bushes but cant promise they will root before the swap .....is there something else I can give you in lieu of the pussy willows?

Just so everyone is aware, Cliva is a south african plant (tropical) and has to be brought inside in the fall..it will not survive our winters outside.

SHARRI: What have you got to trade for the Clivia Sharri ?

BEV: I dont think I have ever seen woodland phlox. I can get you spring beauty or soapwort if you are interested ( soapwort flower looks like a phlox bloom )

GREYLADY_GARDENER: I would be interested in your Ivy--pale green and white variegated leaves
    Ivy--dark green leaves AND maple seedling-the kind with the larger lobed leaves not the skinny deep lobed onesapprox-10-12" tall .What can I give you in return?

TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE : I am desperate for 1 gallon and 2 gallon black nursery pots....Please if you have any I would really like to trade for them .I will take as many as anyone has please. Knottyceltic ....I see some in your trade list ....please what would you like for them ?

• skraps
    16 years ago

capehlke - I will bring you a Golden Chain Tree. How about another Fran's Hans, Fluva) in exchange.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SIGNET: Sure you can have the lot of them. They are 2 sizes basically, the size a shrub comes in and the size a 8 foot tree comes in. Now lets seeeeeeee...what could I possibly want from Sig's garden ;o) I'll get back to you on it but the pots are yours.

Barb/knottyceltic

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

SIGNET: I'll take some grape hyacinth bulbs for the pots if you have some left. Thanks.

Barb/knottycetlic

• bev_w
    16 years ago

Flowergirl: confirming Schizanthus and Climbing Petunias for your walking onions and strawberries. Thanks.

Signet: If the soapwort you mention is the ubiquitous "bouncing bet" I'll pass. If it's a cultivated variety-- low growing, non-aggressive, then I'd be glad to have some.

Greylady: your mallow looks very nice. Could you put my name on one of them? Today I repotted the climbing petunias and they'll be happy and raring to go by June 10.

- Bev

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I would LOOOOVE a small piece of Sedum "Brilliant" if it's still available. I don't know what you'd like from my list as it's getting smaller by the day but take a look:

UPDATED SWAP LIST

NEW!1 pot Nemophila maculata "five spot" (small robust looking seedling already in flower)
    NEW!1 pot Forget Me Not (good size division)
    several black flats that hold square pots
    about 3 dozen quad seedling starter pots
    4 small pots of 'mystery seedlings' from mixed seed containing painted daisy and poppy seed (1
    pot promised to ROTTIGIRL)
    3 pots CandyTuft (pink/fuchia/white mix) - approx 6 seedlings per pot (1 pot each promised to
    ROSS & FROGGED)
    1 pot of three 2nd year Jack-in-the-pulpits
    seed trades
    about 8-10 large pots for planting that come from shrubs and trees(lot of pots promised to SIGNET)
    3 pots Snapdragons (~5 plants per pot)(1 pot each promised to SHARRI,
    CHRIS & IMAGOOCH)
    1 pot (2 seedlings) Spotted Jewelweed aka Touch-me-nots (promised to
    SKRAPS)
    2 pots Pale Corydallis seedling (promised to GREYLADY)
    1 sm. Daisy Fleabane (was supposed to be orange but turned out white with pink tips) color="red">(promised to SHARRI)
    1 pot Columbine likely white medium flower like parent(promised to ROTTIGIRL)
    1 pot white Lily Turf and one dark purple fan of Iris (promised to SIGNET)
    1 or 2 small divisions of Lungwort (Pulmonaria saccharata) (1 division each
    promised to SIGNET and SKRAPS)
    SIGNET and MERJA)
    1 pot seedling Pinks - approx 5 seedlings (promised to BONNIE)

I still owe something in trade to LUVINLIFE, BILL(wmc1) & Jeff x 2

Barb/knottyceltic

• nyssaman
    16 years ago

capehlke - sounds good for the basjoo and any canna's will do - what would you like in return

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I am so sorry but I do have to make a correction to my updated list and it will involve you Knottyceltic! I feel terrible and I am really sorry but after I posted the list I began to think about it and realized that I had lost my brilliant last year.....not sure what happened...it is such a hardy plant! (usually)
    another correction is the other sedum is not dragon's blood, but bronze carpet (I should have looked before posting)
    please accept my apology.

Lois
    Knottyceltic if there is anything else on my list that you would like, please take it!!

• capehlke
    16 years ago

SKRAPS I think I may be out of Frans Hans now but Ill check and bring you a even a small piece if I can. I could bring you a special double flowering fluva (orange) Daylily. Thank you for the Golden Chain Tree youll have to tell me your trick to get them to germinate

DAYLILYHOWIE Confirming the Carnation for a start of blood grass. Thanks.

ROSCOP - Confirming your red Crocosmia for the White and Yellow (German) Iris and a small start of blood grass.

SHARI - Im bringing you Knotweed, a green leaved Hosta, Bloodgrass and Dianthus in exchange for Orange Tiger Lily and some white Trilliums.

BONNIE Ill bring you a pink Peony.

SKRAPS - I'm trading you a Fran's Hans Daylily for an Ostrich Fern.

SIGNET - I'm bringing you white Bleeding Heart seedlings and the rust colored daylily as well as various tree seedlings (Maple - Norway, Silver, Manitoba, Sycamore, Birch) for Trilliums, May apple, lime coral bells, and evening primrose. I should also be able to bring you at least one lupin seedling.

HOSTAAUD - I'm trading you foxglove (various colors) for Lemon Drop and Stiletto Hostas

FLOWERGIRL (MERJA) - I have Purple Mum and Dianthus and a double purple Datura for you in exchange for Pamira Anemone and the mini tan iris, and pink mum.

KNOTTYCELTIC - I can confirm a trade to you of Dianthus in exchange for Pinks and snapdragon seedlings

ROTTWEILERGIRL - I can bring you a white bleeding heart seedling

BEVW Im Confirming Salvia nemorosa "Blue Queen" and your Trachelium (Blue Throatwort) "passion mix" in exchange for a purple mum and dahlia. Thanks.

IMAGOOCH Confirming your mini white Iris in exchange for Multi-branching Sunflowers and a bleeding heart seedling.

WMC1 - I'd love to trade you for some Pink Trilliums and a Sambuca black lace cutting. Is there something on my list that interests you? Any left over Hardy Hibiscus seeds you may have would also be of interest to me.

HEATHER - if you have any Toad Lily left, I'd love to trade you for some. Do I have anything that might interest you?

UPDATED TRADE LIST

New to my trade list is:
    - Orange trumpet vine (no trade necessary as I'm digging this out either way)
    - Datura - purple (one seedlings)
    - Datura - white (1)
    - Peonies (pink) (two trades left)
    - Cannas various varieties
    - Tons of Japanese knotweed
    - Raspberry plants (suckers)
    - Strawberry plants
    - a few fans of a rust colored daylily
    - Jerusalem artichoke (resembles a wild sunflower)
    - Chives
    - Multi-branching sunflowers.
    NEW - Rooted Golden Elder Cuttings!!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE??
    - Ferns (Christmas, Cinnamon)
    BOSTON IVY
    - Climbing Hydrangea,
    - Pink lily-of-the-valley
    - Toad Lily
    - Yellow or Pink Evening Primrose

FROM MY SISTER (MARION)

- Purple Wisteria 2 trades (CONFIRMED TO BONNIE AND SHARI FOR Blue Flax, Lavender, Lavatera)
    - New Dawn Climbing Rose (CONFIRMED TO SHARI & SIGNET)

STILL AVAILABLE;
    - White Rose of Sharon seedlings
    - Service berry
    - Purple lilac (single)
    - Daffodils
    - Narcissus (poets)
    - Medium height yellow iris
    - Tall Yellow Iris
    - Yellow Daylily
    - Angel Wing Begonias
    - Lungwort
    - Lots of Raspberry Suckers

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GREYLADY: No problem at all...no big deal. I just saw it and jumped on it because I've been looking for it for a while. I'll find it though... ;o)

No worries. :o)

Barb/knottyceltic

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

The sedum that I have (besides autumn joy and bronze carpet) is just the one that someone else(not sure who) has on their list. It is a medium pink... not as bright as brilliant.

Please look at my list and take something!! I feel so bad about getting your hopes up.

Lois

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I spent some time in the yard taking some photos. I added 19 new pics to my photosite if y'all wanna take a look:

Click here to view Barb's new photos

Barb/knottyceltic

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

CAPEHLKE, I am interested in your rooted Golden Elder seedlings I will do my best to get you a toad lily . Will confirm tomorrow. I do have a fern ( small one ) that I believe is Cinnamon fern .....maybe you can confirm id when you get here...I am not great on fern ids .

Please ask Marion what she would like for her yellow daylily and either the tall yellow iris or medium yellow iris or both please.

SKRAPS - if you want I can give you a piece of Frans Hal daylily . let me know

Anyone have any "kiss me over the Garden Gate " to trade?

Signet/Heather

• flowergirl_on
    16 years ago

CAPEHLKE:
    Thank you for the trade. Is Marion's tall yellow iris German iris, if so I'd be interested?

Merja

• sharri
    16 years ago

Bill: What would you like for our trades? :0) thanks

Anne: is lemon-lime ok for the sunflowers?

Lois: confirm horse poo for clematis :0) thanks My daughter would be interested on your peachleafed bellflower for her ist garden.

I have to offer:
    about 10 raspberries SIGNET,LOVINLIFE
    gooseberry bushes SKRAPS,KNOTTY CELTIC,MERJA
    wild strawberries
    hollyhock MERJA, LOIS
    sunflowers SKRAPS
    jack in the pulpit HOWARD,SKRAPS,CHRIS, AUDREY
    maple seedlings SIGNET
    tiger lilies SIGNET(2),CHRIS,ROSS, MERJA ,AUDREY
    lily of the valley FROGGED,AUDREY
    pine cones all sizes
    Trilliums CHRIS
    chives BEV-W
    Hens and chicks BEV-W
    yarrow think its yellow KNOTTYCELTIC
    I thought I had phlox but was told it was maymoss. I am lousy with plants I guess :( SIGNET(PINK AND WHITE) LOVINLIFE(PINK AND WHITE)
    candytuft KNOTTY CELTIC
    red maple seedlings SIGNET
    pale coloured columbine ROSS
    yellow or white hollyhocks not sure which
    a few daffodil bulbs just the straight yellow ones. ROSS
    horse manure mixed with shavings FROGGED, SIGNET ,ROTWEILERGIRL, LOIS
    straight horse crap MERJA
    about 20' of used black garden edging
    I also have 2 ground covers that I don't know what they are so I will bring them for the gamblers circle
    My moms list is:
    OFFER:
    shasta daisy LOIS
    blue Flax MARION, ROTWEILERGIRL
    morning glories LOVINLIFE, ROSS
    caster beans SKRAPS
    spearment SIGNET
    hens and chicks ROTWEILERGIRL
    lavender MARION,SIGNET
    forget me nots KNOTTY CELTIC
    lavarta pink MARION,MERJA
    lily of the valley
    lamium in pink or purple PURPLE -SIGNET
    bishops weed
    bugle boy SIGNET,HOWARD
    candytuft BARB
    mother of thyme
    DID i MISS ANYTHING THAT ANYONE WANTED??? I HOPE NOT

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I will have the variegated and the dark leafed ivies and the maple seedling ready for you.
    Do you have any "freckles" left? If not then don't worry about it, you are doing enough already.

thanks,
    Lois

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

confirming my pink mallow for your climbing petunias

thanks!
    Lois

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

confirming the peachleafed bellflower for you daughter.

Lois

• flowergirl_on
    16 years ago

SHARRI:
    I whispering: "I should be down for some pink maymoss." :)
    I have to do a list like this soon also. Not looking forward to it.

DAYLILYHOWIE: Ok, great and thanks for the iris info.

Merja

• skraps
    16 years ago

capehlke : I will accept a special double flowering fluva (orange) Daylily;

Signet: That will be great thanks a piece of Frans Hal daylily for kiss me over garden gate some of mine finally came up.

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Capehlke,

I have your toad lily potted up . So what I have for you is as follows :
    white trillium (lots)
    Jack in the pulpit
    Mayapple
    Toad lily (this is the last for this year)
    Fern
    Evening primrose (lots)
    Was there anything else I was supposed to pot up for you? Let me know please.

GREYLADY : putting a freckles violet aside for you

ROSS:yes I have some heliopsis for you ..

LOVINLIFE: Can you please confirm what you would like for Amaranthus-Split Personality? Thanks

signet

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

CHRIS/capehlke: Did you want any more Jack-in-the-pulpit to go with the ones Signet is giving you? I have one pot with 3, second year Jacks in it. Just wondering since I saw it on the confirmation list Signet posted.

Barb/knottyceltic

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

meant to say Sherri but Signet might be giving you some too, I dunno... now I'm getting mixed up ;o)

Barb/knottyceltic

• sharri
    16 years ago

Thankyou Lois, my daugter is still at school but she will be excited when she gets home

Merja thanks and sorry I will add that to my list right now

Howard I also missed your name on the tiger lilies :)

I also recall someone wanting some daffodil bulbs. Whoever that was could you please refresh my memory :0) Thanks and sorry

Also my mom said that she would love to get some red hot pokers if anyone has any.

Merja my mom was also wondering if you have any red daylilies left?

• sharri
    16 years ago

Never mind about the daf bulbs I already have it on my list and see that it is Ross. To many bees buzzing around all these plants :0)

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

Just as I offered about the climbing hydrangea, I am able to get a couple of cuttings of boston ivy for you if you want. (it is not mine, but I asked my sister for some)

Lois

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

the freckles violet is so cute! looking forward to it!

Lois

• daylilyhowie
    16 years ago

Signet, thanks for the fig. I can bring you a few black pots, I'll see what I have.

Sharri, I don't have the Tiger Lilies on my list from you, if I did ask for them what did you want in trade?

Howard

• laine2
    16 years ago

Hi I'm late in posting as I just found out I can come.
    I haveIris blues& yellows lots let me know how many to bring & who wants ok?
    May flowers Jack in the pupit
    phlox tall wild
    low phlox pale purple
    Peony red
    evening primrose
    some poppies perrenial
    day lilies not sure of colors 6?
    Lots of seeds
    Magazines
    2 wooden wishing wells(signet?)
    etc etc etc .
    some ornaments?? have to look
    ground cover anemone (invasive a bit) pretty white fower in bloom. let me know and I'll dig it before I leave. Elaine.
    Now my wants please
    Clematis
    Rose of Sharon
    Hollyhocks
    Red monarda
    Lavetera
    Lavender*
    Mini white iris
    Oregano
    Gallardia
    Hyacinth etc etc hehe see you all soon xoxoxox

• sharri
    16 years ago

I would like a Carnation or a hosta in exchange for the tiger lilies

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Laine2

Welcome to the very busy swap page! Looking forward to meeting you .I have some monarda that I can share ...and might have one small fan of a mini white iris that you can have ( no trade necessary for this one) I am always up for daylilies so I would be interested in one or 2 and your ground cover anemone sounds very interesting . What would you like from my list in trade other than the monarda ? Here is my list:
    TRADELIST UPDATE
    PERENNIALS
    Violets - yellow
    Violet " Freckles"
    Forgetmenots
    Lungwort ( 2 different varieties)
    Evening Primrose
    Yarrow - white
    Obedience plant (pink)
    sedum - Autumn Joy , Frosty morn , acre , bull's blood
    Rose Campion
    Feverfew double
    Rudibeckia Lancifolia
    Heliopsis
    Creeping buttercup
    Vinca - 2 different colors
    Plume Poppy
    Chinese lanterns
    Lily of the valley
    Lamium White Nancy
    Echinacea ( Art's Pride -from seed but dont know if it will come true)
    Brugmansia
    Hosta ( various)
    Poppy - red perennial
    Dame's Rocket
    Lemon Balm
    Hops
    Herb Robert
    Centaurea Montana
    Commelina
    Veronica
    Touch me nots
    Lamium maculatum 'Chequers'(pink flower)
    Anthemis tinctoria
    Shasta Daisy
    Lemon Balm
    Small lilac bushes
    Ajuga - 2 different varieties
    Creeping Jenny (lemonlime color)
    Echinacea doppleganger- couple of small pots
    Japanese Knotweed

Pink Crosswort ( ground cover very pretty)
    Peppermint
    Centaurea Dealbata ( pink)
    One small rooted Wegeila plant (Bristol Ruby I believe - cant remember - getting old! )
    Ribbon Grass
    1 pot of Giant Reed grass ( this one grows big - 6ft tall +
    Pussywillows ( potting up rooted cuttings today)
    IRIS
    ________
    Light Mauve Tall bearded
    Purple and yellow tall bearded
    Iris Pseudocorus

CANNA

Only one type survived the winter BURGUNDY LEAVES RED BLOOMS

BULBS

Snowdrops
    Poet's Original Narcissus
    Allium Purple Sensation
    Grape Hyacinth
    Star of Bethlehem

Fruit
    ________
    Strawberry
    Currant
    Thornless Blackberry

Daylilies

Autumn Red
    Siloam Uri Winniford
    Frans Hal
    Sammy Russell
    Summer Wine
    Lemon Lily

Grasses
    ------------
    Ribbon Grass
    Giant Reed grass ( 1 pot)

have 3 single fans of a mini white iris ( so three people can get a chance to grab one )
    I have 3 single fans of a mini yellow iris (so three people can get a chance to grab one )
    I have 3 single fans of a mini rusty pinky color iris ( so three people can get a chance to grab one)
    single division of an unusual burgundy euphorbia
    single division of a lemon lime euphorbia
    3 small divisions of Elephant grass

Good to hear from you !

Signet

• sharri
    16 years ago

hello how are you? Better late than never :0)
    I would love your wishing well, blue iris and/or red peony

my mom Bonnie would be interested in blue iris as well, any daylilies but yellow she has lots and/or evening primrose

here are our lists we have some things you wanted

My moms (Bonnie) list is:
    OFFER:
    shasta daisy LOIS
    blue Flax MARION, ROTWEILERGIRL
    morning glories LOVINLIFE, ROSS
    caster beans SKRAPS
    spearment SIGNET
    hens and chicks ROTWEILERGIRL
    lavender MARION,SIGNET
    forget me nots BARB
    lavarta pink MARION,MERJA
    lily of the valley
    lamium in pink or purple PURPLE -SIGNET
    bishops weed
    bugle boy SIGNET,HOWARD
    candytuft BARB
    mother of thyme
    DID i MISS ANYTHING THAT ANYONE WANTED??? I HOPE NOT

I have to offer:
    about 10 raspberries SIGNET,LOVINLIFE
    gooseberry bushes SKRAPS,KNOTTY CELTIC,MERJA
    wild strawberries
    sunflowers SKRAPS
    jack in the pulpit HOWARD,SKRAPS,CHRIS, AUDREY
    maple seedlings SIGNET
    tiger lilies SIGNET,CHRIS,ROSS, MERJA, AUDREY,HOWARD
    lily of the valley FROGGED,AUDREY
    pine cones all sizes
    Trilliums CHRIS
    chives BEV-W
    Hens and chicks BEV-W
    yarrow think its yellow KNOTTYCELTIC
    I thought I had phlox but was told it was maymoss. I am lousy with plants I guess :( SIGNET(PINK AND WHITE) LOVINLIFE(PINK AND WHITE)PINK-MERJA
    candytuft KNOTTY CELTIC
    red maple seedlings SIGNET
    pale coloured columbine ROSS
    yellow or white hollyhocks not sure which MERJA,LOIS
    a few daffodil bulbs just the straight yellow ones. ROSS
    horse manure mixed with shavings FROGGED, SIGNET ,ROTWEILERGIRL, LOIS
    straight horse crap MERJA
    about 20' of used black garden edging
    I also have 2 ground covers that I don't know what they are so I will bring them for the gamblers circle

Hope I will have something you like

Sharri

• flowergirl_on
    16 years ago

LAINE:
    Great to see you are coming all the way here. I am interested in your iris (blue especially), daylilies, wishing well and low phlox pale purple. I have mauve Rose of Sharon, red monarda, oregano and gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'. You can take a look at my list higher up on this page and see what else I have. The bleeding heart, yellow columbine and tropical hibiscus are spoken for but everything else should be still available.

SHARRI:
    I still have 'Purple Waters' daylily. Would your mom have some more pink lavatera for me?

Merja

• capehlke
    16 years ago

FROM MARION;
    SIGNET She has you down for a New Dawn Climbing Rose, a rooted Golden Elder, yellow daylily, as well as a corn yellow colored Bearded Iris, a Yellow/White Bearded Iris, and a medium height, old fashioned yellow bearded Iris (heirloom variety) From your list she's interested in (depending on what you have still available) Sedium Frosty Morn, Certaurea montana, Anthemis Tinctoria, Echinacea 'Doppleganger", Iris Pseudocorus and the purple and Yellow Beaded Iris.

MERJA - Yes, they're Bearded (German) Iris. She will bring you a corn yellow colored one, a Yellow/White one (same as the one I had) and a yellow medium height heirloom iris.

FROM ME
    SIGNET: I'd be interested in some of your Echinacea Doppleganger. Thank you for the other trades.

LAINE2 - The orange Trumpet Vine is yours. Is your perennial Poppies Orange .. if NOT then I'd be interested in one (I have orange already).

GREYLADY - I'll pass on the Climbing Hydrangea cuttings as I've had no luck getting them to take despite trying for some time. I will however gladly take the Boston Ivy cuttings. Thank-you.

BILL - Thx for the Pink Trilliums & Black Lace Cuttings. Was there something you'd like from my list?

BARB - Thanks for the Jack in the Pulpit ... those are actually for my sister MARION. The ones from Heather are for me :-)

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE TRADE LIST:
    - Old fashioned blue Bearded Iris
    - Hen & Chicks
    - Balsam seedlings
    - Additional Purple Datura (Double Ballerina) Seedlings

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I know what you mean about the climbing hydrangea. I only tried to root one once, with no success...actually it did root, but died when I planted it.

I will send some cuttings of the Boston ivy for you. :)

Lois

• flowergirl_on
    16 years ago

CAPEHLKE:
    I would love to get the two German irises (corn yellow and yellow/white one from Marion. I would have to see the yellow medium height heirloom iris. I have something very similar if not the same one. I'll bring some of mine to the gamblers' circle. Hopefully it is still blooming in 10 days. What kind of daylily is her yellow one? What would Marion like in trade? I have a colourful German iris that is probably 'Lilac Wine' or 'Latin Getaway'. I can send you a pic, if she is interested. I also have a tall bearded light blue iris (the form is not really modern but not super historic either), a pic available. I have lots of stuff left on my list still also. Please, let me know.

ADDING TO MY LIST:
    Light blue tall bearded iris

Merja

Sponsored
More Discussions