SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herblady49

Scanning Images of Your Flower Garden

HerbLady49
16 years ago

{{gwi:654695}}

Last year a photographer friend of mine said that she was interested in scanning flowers. I thought it was interesting, but didn't give it a second thought until I visited the Philadelphia Flower Show in March, and saw beautiful scanned images of flower arrangements being sold as framed art, and I was so impressed I thought I'd do some research.

What I found out is that anybody can do this form of photography if they have a scanner. It doesn't have to be a high end scanner. It's fairly simple, you just arrange your flowers, and scan with the lid open, so you can get your black background. Use your imaging software to clean up any pollen that may have dropped on the glass, and also to brighten up the flowers. I have read that you should scan in a dark room, but I did my scan inside, on an overcast day, and I still got my black background.

I am not an artist, but I would imagine if you are artistically inclined you can come up with some incredible designs. Scanning flowers this way can have as good, if not better resolution compared to the best macro lens. If you'd like to be inspired check out these links or Google "Scanning Flowers", and have fun. What's blooming in your Cottage garden? Scan it and Share it.

Bits Of Nature

My Neighbors Garden

Black Rose Gallery

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Travels

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths