SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetannie4u

Graceful Gardens - Affordable & Do-able Cottage Garden Flowers

Annie
15 years ago

I wanted to find some seeds for STATICE flowers. My grandmother grew them in great numbers and colors all over the south side of her house on a knoll in arid Southern California. I have always loved their papery flowers born on tall rigid stems. I love their fragrance and they are perfect for bouquets. They dry holding their colors so are perfect for everlasting bouquets as well. They reseed themselves and like dry, poor soils. Perfect for my gardens!

I found this wonderful website and thought many of you might also be interested. You can download their 2009 catalog and drool over all their beautiful photos of flowers. They give inspiration for "doable gardens" for the beginner gardener with the tiniest garden or even the advanced gardener with large gardens scapes.

Since I do not have a credit card (and don't ever want one) I cannot order things from most on-line stores, so finding they had a catalog was great for people like me who live on a shoestring budget.

Many have posted on this forum asking what kinds of flowers are grown in a Cottage Garden. Here is your answer! Many of the old-time favorites are on this wonderful website...like Statice!

Enjoy your visit to Graceful Gardens and Happy Gardening!

~Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: Graceful Gardens

Comments (10)

Sponsored