SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irene_dsc

Quick update

irene_dsc
15 years ago

First of all - some of my nicotiana have sprouted! That's right, the tipped-over nicotiana that hadn't actually spilled out managed to stay intact, and I now have sprouts! Yay!

Secondly - I planted my fruit trees! I was sick Tuesday/Wednesday, and dozed most of Wednesday until about 2 pm. Then, as I was looking at the hour-by-hour forecast, I started getting really paranoid about it raining again on Thursday. So, I had another cup of tea, and got started. The kids offered to help with the digging - and ds actually did do a bit of helpful digging. (Dd managed a couple of divots in areas that didn't need to be dug, lol.) Then I called dh to come home and help, because it was lots of work, digging up the grass. I hadn't realized he was also getting sick, alas. He managed to dig up a couple of areas, then went to bed. (I also had to relocate a couple, because the tree roots from my neighbors' evergreens were bigger than I expected.) All in all, it took me 5 hours! Ds came out when I was cleaning up the sod pieces, and then was his biggest help, because I was getting pretty worn out by then - but I knew I really needed to get it cleaned up before it rained. So, of course, it didn't rain - but at least they are in!

I haven't seen any daffodils, anywhere. This is really late - they are usually blooming up a storm on dd's birthday (next Wednesday).

I'm also prepping for dd's flower party tomorrow. I have seeds (sunflowers, nasturtiums, and zinnias), eco-pots (like peat pots, but apparently more eco-friendly), and lots of seed-starting mix. I need to get popsicle sticks or something so we can label the seed pots with type and the kid's name.

Ok, longer update than I had planned...

Comments (8)

Sponsored