SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Trying to figgure out what I ordered and placement.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I knew I couldn't order lots of new daylilies for this spring but as usuall, I did order more that I should have. Not anywhere near as many as past years but much more than I planned to.

In fact I was looking thru my order sheets and LA wins and trying to figgure out how many I really did order. A lost cause, as I look at the list I wrote and think that I must be forgetting some of my orders.

So there I was outside today moving around edger pavers, bricks and putting in little wooden label sticks to try and layout the garden space. This will bring the two areas at each end of my used to be veggie garden together by making it plants in the middle. Then veggie production, manly tomatoes are getting scalled down and being planted in the square garden I put in my sideyard last summer.

Any way, this new part that has nothing now is going to be bearded iris, siberian iris, asiatic lilies, oriental lilies, dahlias, Daffoldils, tulips, Dutch iris and of course daylilies. I started with first try of four groupings laid out for daylilies of ten each, then paths between. I am going to have to redo it, I only have 24 inches between the ten clusters of daylilies. Its not going to work, I need more than 2 feet as I need paths. In back of the ten groupings of daylilies is going long skinny bed lengthwise of Siberian iris, next long bed of tall bearded iris, then dahlias in back of that. Skinny as in one plant of each laid out in a row. Edger pavers will raise the breared iris part to make it work.

In there also has got to fit more lilies, both asiatic and oriental. Then spaces left for tulips and daffs plus dutch iris planned at path ends. They go dormant and are gone by the time I need to walk the paths to take daylily pictures.

I know what I want to do and it really should work. In fact, I will make it work. I just need to do more work on my spacing.

Comments (19)