SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunkers_gw

Serbian Spruce dryness on lower branches

bunkers
15 years ago

Hi,

I planted 5 serbian spruce into my yard about a month ago ... these were little guys in 5 gallon pots from Forestfarm.

They started all green, but pre-flush.

In this first month, mother nature had been rought to them ... handing us LOTS of wind, pretty nearly every day. And we've had a few snowstorms and a lot of wind during those as well. And everything from 25 degrees to 70 degrees.

So the serbian spruces I have are looking extremely wind parched on the bottom branches but not too bad on the top 3/4. Some of the 5, maybe 4 of the 5 are actually flushing out now and the 5th one (the one that looked worst initially) still isn't, but looks about as good as it started, except for some dry-ish wind burned (??) branches.

Is there anything I can or should do for this lower branches? Or should I just let nature figure it all out on its own? Didn't know if the occasional misting would be helpful or a waste of time.

I figure by this weekend, we'll be out of the woods for snow-chances and the temps will be mostly 60's and 70's from here on out. Getting a lot of rain lately ... maybe every other day.

Thanks,

Scott

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County