SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Final round of daylily seeds, warmer temps and spring fever

Julia WV (6b)
13 years ago

I'm on my last few seed crosses for this year which the pollen parents are unknown. Since ANGELS IN WAITING X UNK did so well earlier, I thought to do some others where the pollen parent is unknown. The last 3 groups of seeds are: NO MORE TEARS X UNK, SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN X UNK and SCOTTISH FANTASY X UNK. I've run out of promix so have to make a run to the nursery to pick up another bale of it tomorrow. Most of my seedlings have been moved over to the patio doors where they get direct southern exposure. Seem to do better than under the grow lights. I'm just over 300 daylily seedlings so I think this is enough for this year LOL. Had some seeds I bought turn moldy when presoaking. Disappointing but live and learn. Hate to waste money on bad seeds.

I've started collecting all my stuff for starting some herbs and other plants for a change of pace. Spring fever is hitting here big time but I think I will enjoy my rest time before having to do garden weeding again. Still wishing for a greenhouse.....

Our temps are just hitting the low 50's F with tomorrow we may reach 60 F but then comes the weekend and we go back to the 30's F. Snow is melting fast, freeze/thaw starts and "muck" season is beginning. For those who haven't heard of "muck" season, it is when snow melts, water starts to thaw the ground and mud develops and sucks your shoes into the mud. So I have my Muck boots ready :-).

I'm trying to figure out a way we can easily (note the word "easily") sift all the piles of dirt we took out from the patio/pergola project. Hopefully we can come up with a design before May so I can get all the dirt sifted using the bucket loader and moved to a new spot. If you have any suggestions, please post.

Hope your weather has turned for the better. 30 days away from the official start of spring.:-).

Julia

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths