SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wannabefishguru

6 month old cacti with pictures

wannabefishguru
15 years ago

hello,

im new here, at least on this forum.

so about six months ago i bought cactus mix(seed packet) from the livingston seed company at a store.

so i grew them in cactus soil and use schults cacti and succulant fertilizer per directions on box.

my pot has a layer of bark/carbon chunks and then the cactus soil ontop in a 4"wide x 6"long x 3.5"deep container (old bonsai container). I heard cactus like shallow containers.

so anyway the seed pack lists a bunch of different varieties but i have no clue what they are and any input on this would be great. if you want i could list all 10-20 different kinds.

okay some more info, during the summer i keep them in the window, the window is on the south of the house. in the winter, they are sitting on my computer desk with a compact flourescent light on them anywhere between 8 am to 10 pm.

about 3 months into growing a cat knocked them off the window and i had to retransplant them and saved what i could. these pictures are of today.

some of my questions are

is this soil/container setup good?

i water them with water and ferts every time, is this okay?

what window should they be in for summer?

in winter should i use a light like i am doing now?

its been like six months, do they look okay for growth wise?

my weak one doesn't seem to have sprouted any roots since replant, is it a goner?

i water once a month in winter and about every to everyother day in summer because the soil gets that dry, heat+well draining soil, does this seem okay for watering habits?

picture 1-growing height in 6 months

picture2-bottom right cactus has no leafy thing, looks like a pinky with spikes

picture3-left middle plant has spikey round top with 3 leafy thing underneath

picture4-sickly one

pic5-overview

pic6-side overview, rest of cacti have 2 leafy things underneath a ball with spikes

Comments (8)