SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ndcoops81

My Western Red Ceder appear to be drying out, how can I give them

ndcoops81
17 years ago

I rescently purchased 40 Western Red Cedar over the internet, They came at around 4ft in height and was bare root. I instantly planted them around the edge of my front garden and watered them. They have been in the ground now for about 6 weeks and I have watered them as often as possible. Today I will be having a outside tap fitted so they will get watered everyday. Up until today I have had to use a watering can which holds 7 litres of water, I have also used a hosepipe which I borrowed from the building site acroos the road. I am not an expert, more of a beginner but I am trying to make a beautiful garden which is safe and secure for my two children to play in. I have noticed my conifers are drying out on the tops not all of them are affected, a few have dried out on the tops a couple have the odd leaves around the middle and bottom that are drieing out and some haven't been affected at all, can you please give me plenty of advice regarding the cause of the dry leaves and what I am doing wrong. Can you please advise me on what I can do to aid growth and give them plenty of life, ie. Is there any type of food I can give them? My plants are around 4-4.5 foot so could if I trimmed them all to 4 foot would they start growing out to form a hedge or should I let them grow taller and then chop them down, idealy I would like them to be around 5 foot in height but I want them to be a thick hedge.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!