SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_flutterby

Very Sad Key Lime Needs Help, Please!

organic_flutterby
10 years ago

My key lime has been dropping leaves like crazy and the ones that haven't dropped yet are curling and drooping.

Please help!

{{gwi:637396}}

{{gwi:637397}}

{{gwi:637398}}

{{gwi:637400}}

A little information about this tree. I bought it in Aug. It was potted in a small container with an unknown medium.

I transplanted it in a bigger pot using Al's gritty mix almost 5 weeks ago. It showed signs of stress at that time with some wilting on the very top, but it always perked up with watering. It never lost any leaves though.

About 3 weeks ago I started bringing it in at night and back out during the day. The sun it was exposed too was lacking because we had such overcast skies for days. I decided to bring it in and put it under lights about 10 days ago. It started this decline since it was brought in.

As you can see it has lost numerous leaves and looks like it's going to lose the rest of them too. I have been very careful about the watering. I have used a dowel rod to test the mix. What I am discovering is that the mix seems dry in the top half and get wetter in the lower half. Is it possible to over water in the gritty mix? Water runs right through it.

As for other stuff, it is under 4 bulb 54w T5HO 6500k for 16 hours every day. Temp has been 60s-70s, humidity about 60-70%.

I have only watered twice since it has been inside all day. What I was going on was how the mix felt in the upper part of the pot. I'm afraid to water more as the bottom is still wet. I don't know what to do. Thank you for your help.

Comments (17)