SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shivadiva_gw

Variegated lemon won't grow leaves

shivadiva
15 years ago

Hi--

my variegated lemon was outside all summer from June until mid-September. I've had it for three years. In previous years it was a prolific bloomer and it always got some new growth, although not much.

It has lost many leaves and is down to about 15 leaves. The branches are still green. The leaves are no longer shiny, they are more leathery (although still alive, I believe, rather than dried). It is watered regularly, when it was outside it would get a drenching about every seven days.

I was concerned about the no-growth and repotted it in the spring when it went outside and took off some roots. (I did not flush the pot as I didn't know about that.) I used a cactus soil for that. I did not fertilize since it was stressed.

When the tree was in sunlight for 4-6 hours per day (I thought low light from the winter was a problem), the leaves drooped down. I moved it to medium shade outside and they perked back up some.

Same 15 leaves, for about 9 months now. A couple of branches have died and turned brown but most are still green (variegated green, actually). Suggestions?

Comments (7)