SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gadgetvictim

Variegated Eureka Lemon Shedding Leaves

gadgetvictim
9 years ago

Hi, Please, I need some help!
I planted my Variegated Eureka lemon tree about 20 months ago. Purchased it from bigbox HD. It was is in a 3 gal pot and about 2 feet high. Its now, about 5 feet tall, and been bearing fruits continuously.

About a week ago, I noticed that my tree was starting to shed some leaves. A few days ago, I noticed that the leaf shedding had significantly worsened (see attached pics). I fear that the tree may die, if I don't do anything.

It's been an abnormally hot summer here in HI (low 90's for several weeks), and I've been diligently watering all my citrus trees (about 40) on a bi-weekly schedule. So, I don't believe it's a lack of watering issue.

I've checked the leaves and branches, but could not find visible signs of any pests. The only thing I've noticed, is the somewhat abnormal curling of the leaves. But, I believe this could be caused by too much watering, so should not result in causing the tree to shed it's leaves?

I've posted some pictures of the lemon tree, along with adjacent Honey and Owari Satsuma mandarin trees for visual comparison. Note, that the adjacent trees appear perfectly healthy, with no similar shedding problem.
Previously, I've had problems with ground termites attacking some other shrubs growing in my yard. I hope this is not what's happening to my Variegated lemon tree. Anyone experienced any termite problems with citrus trees?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Mahalo, Barry

I had to edit this message several times. I don't seem to be able to get multiple pictures on one message.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:636955}}

This post was edited by GadgetVictim on Sun, Oct 12, 14 at 18:31

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County