SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thinman_gw

Anyone else love Stopping By Woods...?

thinman
16 years ago

Thanks, FlowerLady for your great poem and graphic presentation. I have shamelessly stolen your idea, just to see if I could do it, and when it turned out OK, I thought I'd post it, on the chance that someone might find it enjoyable.

This has always been one of my favorite poems, and when I came across the sled horses picture, I wanted to combine it with the poem. FlowerLady gets credit for the inspiration and the HTML code that guided me.

ThinMan

Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening

Robert Frost

Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

{{gwi:618759}}

He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Anyone else love Stopping By Woods...?

Bravo ThinMan! It came out great,didn't it?!!

I'll bet if they polled the nation this poem would be in the top ten.
It's certainly one of my favorites!

Thanks!
Patti

Beautiful! For some reason, that poem always makes me imagine a country doctor taking a few moments to refresh before the next patient. Perfect for Winter Solstice. Thanks to you TM and everyone for sharing such lovely, creative efforts.

May I "borrow" your picture? I have a friend for whom it would have personal meaning.

Ana

Inspired to look at the HTML, then curious why the displayed font is my default. Aha! on my machine it's called Lucida Handwriting.

Thanks Patti and Ana. Ana, I definitely don't have any rights to the picture, so feel free to borrow it, as I did from the National Geographic website. I hope your friend likes it.

The Lucida font is what FlowerLady had used with hers, and I just kept it.

ThinMan

Wonderul poem...

TM, that was really lovely....Annette

TMan ~ I have tears in my eyes from being your inspiration and reading the lovely presentation you did. I have DH to give credit to for inspiring me and being my personal 'puter tech'and for teaching me to use HTML. I use NoteTab for making my webpages, siggy pages, etc. It is fun to do even if time consuming. Just one little piece of code wrong can mess up the whole thing. It's always great when it comes out right.

You did a fantastic job. Thank you for the wintry ride in the country. I could hear the quiet, the horses breathing the leather creaking, the sled swishing along on the snow. Very peaceful and lovely.

It is very warm here today. DH and I were out earlier doing some tree trimming, etc. and sweating a bit, as it is 78 degrees here. : -( It does not feel like Christmas.

Thanks again for posting your creative work.

FlowerLady

Quite beautiful! I love the view from the sled over the heads of the horses -- great visual that puts you there.

Cameron

Post a Follow-Up
Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Zone (optional):

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link: Return to the Cottage Garden Forum

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County