SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Anyone else remodeling their smaller home?

angelcub
17 years ago

We are in the midst of a downstairs remodeling project. So far we've torn out the old carpet and replaced it with hickory/pecan wood floors. We are doing every room and are now stopped at the kitchen since that is getting a remodel, too, but I don't want the floors messed up so they'll go in at the end. We've installed new baseboards, beadboard in the 1/2 bath, painted the bath, living room, entry (downstairs and up), revamped most of the laundry room due to new w/d that had to be moved (those new units are BIG), and changed out plumbing fixtures and lighting. We've also been installing Anderson Woodwright windows for the last year or so. We have loads of windows in this house. We still have the bay window in our master bedroom to install, plus the slider and three windows (all attached to one another) to go in the kitchen remodel.

Whew! Sometimes it feels and looks like a bomb has gone off around this place! lol I could wallpaper a room with all the receipts from Lowes/HD, etc. Anyone else in the same remodel "boat"? Misery loves company and all that, so share your stories/nightmares. C'mon, help me feel not so all alone! : )

Diana

Comments (29)