SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memo3

Ice Storms and winter weather

memo3
15 years ago

Toward the end of the Sunday Trivia Question, a link was posted by Midnightsmum to a very severe ice storm she indured in 1998. It made me remember a website of photos taken during our big ice storm in 2006. This storm hit about a three hour drive south of us. A number of my family members live in the area of the storm. One of my cousins was without power for 6 weeks or so. They had to move in with relatives and then worry about whether or not their property was being destroyed by looters. It wasn't thank goodness!

The photographer said the following on the website so please understand that there is more than one page of photos of this storm.

****There are four pages of photos, then a link to 5 more pages of follow-up photos, taken New Years Day. Some of the follow-up photos are really beautiful, so make sure you check them out. posted by Matty G at 1:17 PM ****

Midnightsmum, I hope your power is back on soon! I've been through a similar storm, back in the nineties, so I wanted to point out that not only are people unable to work and earn wages but you loose all of the food in your refrigerator and freezer. That can be a significant hit to your wallet as well as a very big worry about where your next meal might come from. Compounded if you have children to feed, warm and protect.

Currently this weather pattern we are in has brought us a blizzard, followed by high winds and frigid temps in the double digits -0. It hasn't been over 50F. in the house for 5 days now. Our entire days are revolving around trying to stay warm. I hope that all of you are fairing a bit better.

MeMo

Here is a link that might be useful: December 2006 Nebraska Ice Storm

Comments (7)

Sponsored