SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jljohnson740

Worst Ice Storm in History of our State

jljohnson740
15 years ago

Yeah..it was a monster. I can't even begin to tell ya.

We live in Owensboro...it's a disaster around here...the clean up will last for months. We stood outside the first night and listented to many of the 2000 transformers blow up and light up the sky.We were lucky and had our power back within 2 days...a miracle...there are still 4,000 people without it 2 weeks later in this area.

The day the storm began I was packed and ready..just waiting for my husband to get home. We went to town to stay with our son and his family...he lost power later that night.

As the snow started and before the ice..I went back in to the garden and put an extra layer of leaves around the roots of my roses. I still had one bush that had green stalks! Well...it still has and I've removed some of the protection as we are now experiencing 70 degree weather. I kept the mulch. They didn't even break!! I sure hope they make it...They sure stood the test and were simply covered in ice! I have an account on Flickr and here is the link if anyone would like to see our front and back yard. I have more but haven't downloaded them as of yet. All the family pics are there too!! Hope all of you missed this terrible..but beautiful..winter storm. One had to stop and see the beauty to keep from crying!! Peace and love

http://flickr.com/photos/daviess/

Comments (6)