SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frazier_1977

Vanderwolf Pine turning yellow on ends

frazier_1977
14 years ago

I have done a search on this site and see question about needles turning yellow on the inner part of the tree. Mine is doing the opposite. It is turning yellow on the ends. It gets greener as it gets closer to the trunk. Although, there are a few needles that fell off the trunk.

So, is this normal?

What can I do to help the health of my tree?

It was planted about May or June of 2009. The snow just melted off a a few weeks ago. Do I need to start watering it more, or less? Last summer my drip line watered it automatically. I haven't fired up my sprinklers yet, as it is still to cold. But I have been watering it with a water can. How much should I water it? Does it need some kine of fertilizer?

As far as overall soil conditions, the rest of my yard is healthy. I have an Austrian Pine along the same fence about 25 feet away the is healthy with only a few brown needles. Although, the soil is much more moist by the Austrian pine, and there is still drifted snow next to it.

I would appreciate any help. I really like this tree, but i don't know what to do.

I do have some pictures, but I just joined this forum and don't see a way to post them.

thanks,

cory

Comments (13)