SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firefightergardener

2011 conifer photo galleries & opinions...

It's nearly Spring and plants are becoming more and more photogenic as they change with the seasons. Josh was asking if I was going to make a new 2011 photo gallery and this seems like a good idea to me. What I'll suggest is that when we make a 2011 photo gallery, on the first post(or one of the first), you include a link at the bottom of your post that links to the 2010 gallery of the same species/genus. This would allow people to referrence older, perhaps more comprehensive galleries.

Personally I contributed about 1100 photos from my young gardens last year and while I am going to catalog them for my own research and data compilation, I don't intend on reposting images for all of my cultivars every year. What I may decide to do is add photos in various galleries for plants I feel are becoming a more accurate representation of their form, color and shape. I'll probably end up sharing several hundred photos over the year, and certainly any new plants as I add them or photograph them for the first time but I'm trying not to inundate these boards with photos of one-year grafts X's 1000.

So if you want to start a gallery for 2011, my suggestion is that you label the post something like '2011 Cryptomeria japonica Photo Gallery' and then include a link to last year's thread.

Please voice your opinions on this and we'll get started as people see fit.

-Will

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting