SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcoffman_gw

In need of some help please I'm out of ideas.

jcoffman
9 years ago

Ok so I have been raising my little lemon tree for almost a year now. She did well indoors, so I did some reading on here as everyone suggests I put her outside for summer. I moved her slowly like recommended, and even repotted her into a gritty mix in late May. She had a green leaves and last pushed out new growth in early April. She had set fruit in December and I was so excited to see those little fruits grow. (Well that might have been a big mistake). We have had a pretty wet summer here in New York , but I have been moving her almost daily to try to get her to "dry out". I put a dowel in and the bottom of it stays moist but never soaked. She drains really well. In late June she stArted dropping leaves. I got her some Dyna gro foliage pro and gave her that. Then I ordered osmocote plus and added that. She is getting full sun all day. Then I thought, oh no, her leaves are still yellowing... Maybe I am over fertilizing her. I noticed the tips were getting yellower.. So I haven't given her anything in about 2.5 weeks. Now....I was thinking maybe not enough because she has fruits that are yellowing. (Although they are tiny). The fruits are a little bigger then a golf ball. I want them to finish ripening so I can just cut them off and get her back on track. I plan on putting her in a green house at the high school I tech in this winter to keep her in as much sun as possible. But she did well in my south facing Window at home. So that's a toss up. In the greenhouse she will get more light, but I can only visit her lol. I digress... Back on track...we still have a few more months outside and I would like to see her get back in shape before I move her again. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jenn

{{gwi:613816}}

{{gwi:613818}}

{{gwi:613820}}

{{gwi:613821}}

Comments (3)