SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeng_gw

I'm stuck. Need some ideas, please!

jeng
15 years ago

Let me preface by saying that I am a pretty decisive person. When I go to the mall, I buy things that jump out at me. I'm not one to spend hours and hours dithering over which decision to make. It's usually easy for me to do so.

Which is weird that I'm struggling so much now. Who knew that there were so many kinds of tile to choose from!

We're doing a shaker door, medium dark stain on Cherry (Sienna color). I've chosen Kashmir White granite, which is white with a hint of sage green, grey, and cream, with garnet speckles. I wasn't smart enough to take a picture of the slab...

My question is what kind of backsplash do I do? I originally envisioned a white subway tile, but am wondering if it will be too "white" as the granite is not a true white. I want to pick up on the sage green accent, as that is the accent color in my dining room.

I also have a kitchen which is smack in the middle of the house, so no windows. I'll have to think of how to address the area above the range, as well as the area over the sink. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be good to have those two areas be matchy-matchy.

Would love some inspiration, if anybody has any to share!

--Jennifer

PS: I'm envisioning a floor of some kind of grayish tone. Do you think this will all go together?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert