SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

When you think your computer has crashed!

DYH
16 years ago

This may be a repeat to those of you who also go to the home decorating forum. However, the idea of losing photos really scared me!

Yesterday I got a totally WHITE SCREEN on my laptop! Talk about panic! I have literally hundreds of travel and other photos on my machine.

My son, husband and I started talking about easy ways to back up such information. Here are some ways we thought of:

Use online free photo albums.

Email photos to your free online email account and keep them there (that doesn't allow good organization like a photo album).

Use a USB port stick (it just plugs into the side of your PC if you have USB port). It is tiny and pen sized.

You can cut a CD/DVD if you have that capability.

There are some other online "virtual disk" places that I've not used that can be had. I have no experience with those.

My son then began nagging me about sharing all of our old travel photos from our multiple trips to Italy and France. He asked me to "back blog" some of those for family documentation. So, that's yet another way to backup copies of your photos...along with writing about the trip. I tried to be good this morning and respond to his request (blogged about our 2004 trip to southern Italy).

Fortunately, I was able to recover my computer disk, but it sure did remind me to be diligent about backups!

Cameron

Here is a link that might be useful: catching up on trip blog

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio