SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennyhal

Taking Photos tips and viewing photos

pennyhal
12 years ago

Everyone seems to have wonderful photos. Seems that I take a dozen photos to get one nice one. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong as closeups are always fuzzy or parts of the plant are out of focus. Do you have any tips for me? My camera is suppose to have an automatic focus, but maybe not so good.

I also notice that with some photos that are posted, when you go over it the name of the plant appears. That's very cool. Is there a special way to do that or is it a feature of the photo program you use?

Sometimes people post a http address instead of inserting a photo. Is there a way to make this a link instead of having to copy/paste to see the photo? Often someone posts the photo for us which is great, but how do they do that?

I've never been inclined toward catus. A student gave me one maybe 30 years ago. Stuffed it in a corner, repotted it once and heaven knows how it survives. Was weeding one day this summer and under the tool shed I went to pull out a weed and it was a baby catus about 3 inches tall. I wanted to take a photo of it so you could see the awful conditions it had, and that it must have grown from a seed from the cactus above it. Never could get a photo of it that wasn't too dark even with a flash. Pulled it out and planted it. Now that I am getting a warm place in my heart for catus, I'm rooting for this baby to survive.

Comments (16)