SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homegrownsc

Can you tell me what this is?

homegrownsc
18 years ago

You all were so helpful with my last question, I have another. I've noticed this plant in two different yards now. (And yes, I am getting braver but no one was home for me to ask at either place.)

The first thing that caught my eye was the intense "blue" blooms. As a matter of fact, I would not have noticed the plant at all in the first yard had it not been for the way the color grabbed my attention. In the whole "blue debate", some may think it is more purple than blue but to me, it appeared to be more blue than purple...whatever the color, it is an intense, stand-out, can't-miss-it shade) The blooms remind me of petunia or morning glory blooms only a bit smaller with the "trumpet-shape" more pronounced. Both are bushes approximately 3 feet tall. The dark green leaves with a deeper purple undertone reminded me a little of Oleander. Its branches are single, straight stalks with leaves the entire length and the flowers are scattered along the branches near the leaves (in singles). One was in full sun and one was in partial shade. Both are still blooming but were blooming more heavily 4-6 weeks ago.

Any clue as to what this might be?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting