SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maja127

My lime tree is depressing me. Need help! (the tree...not me)

maja127
14 years ago

I'm a p/t Florida resident & when we purchased our home about 4 years ago, the first thing I looked forward to, as any Yankee would, is growing a citrus tree. I read everything out there and after considering all the options, I chose a Persian Lime tree. When I planted it almost 4 years ago, there was 1 tiny lime and a few flower buds. The plant itself was about 15" tall. A few months afterwards, my 3 year old grand daughter was visiting & she decided to give her grandma a gift...yes, she picked the 1 & only lime for me. I graciously accepted her gift.

4 years later, I'm still waiting for a lime or 2 to grow on the tree. I don't know what I could be doing wrong. The tree has grown (not very much) and is actually very bushy and has lots of leaves. It looks strong & healthy except for the leaf miner damage (I'm assuming it's that due to the curling of new leaves and tract marks). I tried trimming off some of the very lower tiny branches thinking that would help the tree. It gets great sun almost all day with some shade later in the day due to the bottle brush tree & bismark planted next to it.

I would love to see another lime on this tree someday & I'm beginning to think it may never happen. Shouldn't it have had buds on it by now or am I just being impatient? Of all my "new" plants, I'm somewhat attached to the lime tree and looking for encouragment!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES