SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevin_desmarais86

Need help with indoor lime tree/bush

Kevin D
8 years ago

Hi there:

I need some help trying to figure out what's going on with my lime tree/bush. I've had this for over 3 years now and it has always done so well. It flowers and fruits every year but recently, I've had some leaves fall off...not just a few but many. The leaves being affected seem to the oldest leaves and mostly at the tip. I have posted several pictures.

About a month ago, I though that maybe there was too much salt build up in the potting soil so I flushed the pot but that has not changed things.

I'm guessing the plant is lacking something or getting too much of something. I generally use 30-10-10 when there is active growth and every few months add some epsoms salts to the water (about a tablespoon) I water the plant when it needs it, or about every 2 weeks. I also foliar feed with liquid kelp only once in a while because it really does boost new growth.

The lime plant had a major blooming in Feb/March/April and is still blooming in spots. I've got about 14 limes in various stages of growth. The plant is generally vigorous and I'm stumped.

I've been growing citrus indoors for years (Meyer Lemon & Kumquat) and this is the first time I've come up against what I think is a deficiency but maybe not. The plant has been in the same pot since I got it and has tripled in size since...could it need a new pot? (It is not pot bound though) I flushed the pot again earlier this week and skipped fertilizer.

Any feedback would be most appreciated. I want to fix this but am not sure what way to go.

If I've left anything out or more info is needed, let me know.

Kevin

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths