SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
syrinth

Help with basic Clematis care *I hope I didn't mess up*

syrinth
15 years ago

Hello, today I purchased a small Clematis (Polish Spirit) from the local Rona. It has a green shoot with some small leaves about 10 centimeters high.

We planted it in a patch of earth that we had recently removed sod from the top of approximately 5-8 cm away from the wall of our building, we also planted a Chinese lantern plant nearby which will probably aid in shading the roots when it begins to grow. Aside from that, we did not give it any fertilizer, mulch, extra water *down in the base* or anything. Although it should be noted that it rained rather well immediately after we were finished planting. I put a stick beside it and gently tied the Clematis shoot to because the wind was picking up.

What I want to know is, is my Clematis going to be ok? I wouldn't ask normally but I was looking on the internet and realized that I didn't do quite a fair bit of the things mentioned under Clematis care. The hole I placed it in was perhaps 10-13 cm deep, enough to put the soil that it the roots were packed in into the ground and cover up a bit higher.

I apologize if I did something horribly stupid but I have just gotten into gardening. Thanks for any help you can give to me.

Comments (10)