SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvofroses

Hope I didn't kill my first hoya

luvofroses
15 years ago

Well i found the kind of hoya i was looking for. Lacunosa at least i think that it is. The lady at the garden center had ordered two one was a lacunosa bella and the other was a coronaria,but she had no idea which one was which she didn't even know that the flowers were fragrant. The leaves look more like a lacunosa not a bella or the other one,this one has long slender dark green leaves. Well any way I came home and took out the old soil and replaced it with good potting soil, perlite and orchid bark. I have watered him really well and let him completly drain so there is no standing water in saucer. While i was waiting for the water to finish draining (used room temp water) I was reading some more on this plant and saw that it doesn't like to have it's roots distrubed and that it may go down hill fast if it is repotted. I did take a lot of the old heavy compacted soil off so that I thought I was doing good. Oh I do hope in all my trying to this right that i haven't killed my new plant. It is a small plant only in a 6 in. pot. Hope there is hope for me and this plant.

Ann

Comments (10)

Sponsored