SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annnettem

New to citrus, satsuma having problems and I don't know what to

annnettem
15 years ago

I had a satsuma tree with sour orange root stock put in that is about 8-9 feet tall about three weeks ago. It was planted while fruiting. It was fert. right away with citra-tone I think it's called.

Now 3 weeks in the fruit is staying small, green, hard, although there are at least 75 fruit on the tree, and the fruit is getting a brown crust on them, the baby ones are turning yellow orange and falling off the tree. No new blooms at all which I assume means it is just finished blooming.

The leaves have small brown circles on them that appear to be cocoon like, also have a few areas under some leaves with a grey crust, and a few leaves with some black dots.

The leaves are also getting some yellowing spots on them.

I recently had some bad luck and my digi cam broke so I can't post pics while it is being repaired. I am worried for this tree and not sure what is wrong with it.

Has anyone heard of a tree turning like this so quickly? Any thoughts? Any suggestions what I should do? Can this be greening (the yellow leaves and green hard fruit with brown crust)? Also, what might be attacking my tree? It is not leaf minor after seeing pics on the net.

I have a meyers lemon in the yard also which is doing wonderful, so it's def not my ph of the ground.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (3)