SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastautumn

Please Help with ID of 3 Clematis

eastautumn
16 years ago

Inspired by the beautiful pictures on this forum and a lot of empty garden beds, I purchased my first clematis vines at Lowe's last week :) Two of them did not have labels. One that wasn't labeled has a burgundy flower color, and the other has a lavender blue flower. A neighbor said the burgundy one might be a Ruutel because she saw some there that color labeled as Ruutel, but the filaments are yellow and when I see pictures of Ruutel on the web, the centers appear much darker. I don't know what the lavender blue one is, but I saw labels for multi-blue, H.F. Young, and General Sikorski. Most of the pots didn't have blooms yet. The General Sikorski pictures I see look close, though the filament color on mine seems different. Being a total newbie to clematis so I don't know if that much variance is normal, or if it depends on the age of the particular bloom or other factors.

Also, I purchased one labeled as Climador Clematis Konigskind, but the bloom doesn't look like the label at all. The bloom looks *exactly* like pictures I've seen of Clematis Piilu, so I'm wondering if it was mislabeled.

Burgundy flower (could it be Ruutel or something else?):

{{gwi:589424}}

Lavender blue flower:

{{gwi:589428}}

Labeled as Climador but looks like Piilu:

{{gwi:589430}}

Before I plant them in the ground, it would help a lot to know what type they are, what sun preference they have, how tall they'll grow, etc., so if any of you can help with ID'ing any of these I will be very grateful!

Thanks!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County