SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trustudio

My Myer Lemon Tree won't produce flowers anymore..

trustudio
13 years ago

Hello!

I live in Chicago and received a myer lemon tree (from myerlemontree.com) from my husband February 2008. Shortly after I received the tree it flowered and produced 2 lemons that grew, yellowed, and we ate them! Soon after it ended up developing bugs and we took it in to a local nursery to get the correct spray - 'All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil' - this worked perfectly and the plant went back to normal. Because we were living in an apartment and had no outdoor space it didn't get the most sun. At one point it lost almost all of its leaves. In May 2009 we moved to a different apartment with a big patio and tons of Western light. We put it outdoors for the summer and it bloomed, got some tiny lemons but they all fell off. The summer of 2010 we put it outside again but no flowers every grew. It got lots of light. In September 2010 we moved again and now our back patio is north facing and very dark. We have TONS of south facing light in our living room and it is just growing tons of new leaves - FAST. But, we are not getting any flowers and are not sure if it will every flower. We feed it Miracle Gro Miracid water soluble food and spray the leaves with water to keep it moist since it's quite dry in our apartment. I don't think there will be an opportunity to put it outside this summer since the only space we have is so dark. Can you suggest anything? Does it need new soil? Does it need fertilizer in the soil? We love our tree and desperately want more fruit!

Comments (2)