SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brwndot

Jade pest control -- alcohol, neem oil...

brwndot
14 years ago

I've been trying to get rid of what I'm guessing is scale/spider mites on my Jade for almost 3 weeks now. I've seen dark spots along the edges of leaves, yellowing and leaf drop. And of course, little webs. Maybe there's a fungal infection as well?

I did some poking around online and decided to try spraying with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and water, twice weekly. That didn't seem to work so I went to my local greenhouse and asked for advice. I know some pesticides are toxic to jades but the staff couldn't tell me exactly which products would be best. I finally settled on Bonide Rose Rx and crossed my fingers. I know one of the key ingredients is Neem oil -- I've read that this is harmful for jades but that it could be tested on a few leaves...

{{gwi:608241}}

sorry for the terrible quality -- regular camera is out of commission. hopefully you can see the yellowed leaves and dark edges -- especially on the leaf on the lower right

Any suggestions for stopping the yellowing leaves/dark spots along the edges would be very appreciated.

Comments (11)