SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poncirusguy6b452xx

PSSSST. I just inherited 2 Meyer lemon trees

poncirusguy6b452xx
10 years ago

My friend is moving to Cleveland and has so much problems with her "easy to grow trouble free Meyer lemon trees" that she gave them to me. They were in 10 gallon pots and filled with roots that just started to wrap. I move one to an 18 gallon bottomless container and the other one will move up to a 55 gallon drum halved to 27.5 with about 600 drain and aeration holes.

The trees came from White Flower Farm up in Connecticut and are 5 years old, about. I can find no trace of a graft line on either tree and believe the are grow from cuttings. I have no questions yet on these trees until I can provide pictures and have looked them over very thoroughly.

I will probably need advice on pruning and shaping them up. Right now I have both of them outside on the north porch. They get 2 hours of first morning sun through a storm door full window. I will move them after a week to get that same sun with no storm door and increase from there.

I have never said anything nice about Meyer lemon trees or their fruit. I may have to go through an attitude change.

Steve

Comments (19)