SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
violetta1976

clematis garden tour - way too many photos

15 years ago

There was a tour yesterday of seven local gardens, all belonging to members of the Friends of the Rogerson Clematis Collection. My friends and I made it to six of them. Unfortunately, nothing was labeled, but the gardens were beautiful and I thought you all might appreciate seeing the pictures I took.

Consider yourself forewarned: I took almost 200 pictures. Sorry! Not all of them are of the clems - I got a little distracted by garden art, friends, and cute cats at some points. And sometimes the support structures were cool enough that I snapped a pic in case anyone here needed some inspiration, despite the fact that the clem wasn't blooming yet.

Enjoy!

CLEMATIS GARDEN TOUR

Incidentally, the one I found most fascinating was this ridiculously dark purple, almost black one. Does anyone know what it is?

{{gwi:585093}}

{{gwi:585094}}

Another couple of thoughts:

One of the homeowners had taken broken pieces of stained glass and scattered it in some of her pots. I thought it was gorgeous and might start doing it myself.

{{gwi:585095}}

Linda Beutler's garden was by far my favorite. Not only that, but she was just a delight to meet. I really enjoyed speaking with her. Two things that I loved at her house: first, she was growing Blue Light, which is my current obsession. Secondly, she had a sedum growing in one of her pots. By sheer coincidence I'm doing the same thing with the same sedum with one of my Palette. Hers was much further along than mine, though! I loved how the base of the clem looked with that gorgeous full growth all around it.

{{gwi:585097}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm