SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedogsmom_gw

Photo tour of my gardens - June 1 -pic intensive

threedogsmom
14 years ago

For those of you who have asked for more pics, here goes.... PS - We live 10 minutes outside of Gettysburg in Carroll Valley, PA. I keep changing my GW zone/state thingy but it won't save...

First, the front entry bed. It is my "hot" color bed and doesn't get too bright until mid summer into fall, but it also houses tomato plants and pepper plants as well as an area seeded with hot color zinnias for cutting this year.

{{gwi:701723}}

{{gwi:701726}}

Then into the back yard through the garden gate... Note my newest garden "helper", Macky, a 5 month old English Labrador.

{{gwi:701728}}

{{gwi:701731}}

{{gwi:701734}}

{{gwi:701736}}

{{gwi:701739}}

Coming down the pebble path bisecting the large pastel bed, you emerge into the yard to the left or you could enter the patio area to your right.

{{gwi:701742}}

{{gwi:701744}}

{{gwi:701746}}

{{gwi:701748}}

{{gwi:701750}}

{{gwi:701752}}

As you can see, the patio is crescent shaped. Here are views of the back of this bed:

{{gwi:701754}}

{{gwi:701755}}

{{gwi:701756}}

My second "helper" Jolly ( 2 yr old harlequin Great Dane)

{{gwi:701757}}

{{gwi:701759}}

Views from back yard far side looking back at house:

{{gwi:701760}}

{{gwi:701762}}

2 beds that I just stuff extra plants into. I plan on getting these more organized at some point. Right now they are passable and I add color with annual impatiens:

{{gwi:701765}}

{{gwi:701766}}

Hope you enjoyed it ! For those who have asked about the hostas, I don't really do anything special other than watering as needed. The big hostas are meant to grow that big, such as Frances Williams, Jade Cascade, Lady Isobel Barnett, etc. We have good soil in the beds, with lots of worms, so I basically just sprinkle Osmocote once in spring, then mulch (which I did with mushroom compost this year).

We moved here 3 yrs ago and lucky for me, all the hardscaping was in place and the beds were shaped and lined with rocks, but were pretty much empty. So I loved the opportunity to start from almost scratch and create my "dream" garden in a size I can manage. I have been steadily adding to it every year, in fact I still have stuff to plant ! This year I added many lilies to the big pastel bed, some stems of which you can see in the pics. I can't wait for those to bloom ! And I added dahlias and cannas to the hot front bed, so those are new for me this year too. Anyway, I enjoy showing the pics, and I hope others will show tours of their beds too ! Take care !!

Comments (24)

Sponsored