SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Meyer Mike please email me!

Andrew Scott
14 years ago

Hello Mike,

When it comes to growing citrus up north, I know you are one of the experts here. I placed an order for a cocktail grapefruit but now I am shopping around for other citrus. I read an old post before you had a greenhouse. I am considering a improved meyer olemon and also a navel orange or a page mandarin. I may change my order for the cocktail grapefruit for a navel orange but wanted to here about your experiences with your citrus trees. Right now I have a keylime that is almost three feet tall and a little over a foot wide and a moro blood orange. They are both dwarfs and I got them last year. The keylime came as a tall singular stem with a few tiny branches but it grew like a weed. The moro seems to need more sun and heat and grew okay outdoors in full sun but now I have to keep it under lights. It is putting out nice buds now. I really enjoy the navels for there flavor but I also like the honeybell which I can order if I want. I know I want a meyer lemon. I had a ponderosa a few years back but I allowed its first large fruit to ripen and I think it was too much for the small tree to handle. It died shortly after picking it and I have to say that I did not like all those seeds! I really could use your advise. I can provide the neccesary lighting and I can give them the full sun during the summer. I also know of a greenhouse that probobly has most of what I am looking for except the honeybell orange. What advise can you give me? What lemon is your favorite and what orange is your favorite?

Thanks Mike!

Andrew

Comments (14)