SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llbean_gw

Pinching back question

llbean
16 years ago

Yesterday While at my parents I found a local nursery that was selling 1 gallon clems. I have not taken them home yet, so I have not really looked at the root systems. I never have in the past even with puney clems pinched them back to establish roots, but I have been reading that you all pinch them back and I see the benefits now. Some of the puney clems I have bought in the past still only have 1 vine comin up, and look terrible. So these I plan to pinch for sure. But how do I do this, I don't want to mess them up. THe new plants look good on the top so far but each only have one to two new growths.

I purchased Kardynal Wys., multi blue, blue light and Flordia Sie. (sp) all one gal. purchased at 12.99 each. Supposedly, these are last years that they are just trying to get rid of so they canmake room for their new babies that are not moved up from the growing nursey yet. So I am very excited to see what type of roots these have going on.

So anyway, would you keep them in the pots if: the roots look good, would you pinch them back? Or just find them a home?

I will try to post pic. later today when I get home.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Jeanne, in case you read this my DH says that I got a package from Texas!! Yeah me, he opened it and watered it, but I have not been home yet.

If you don't have Burbon, I think I may have two self rooters from last year that are tuggable, so I will pull them plant them up get them on heat and get some roots going. I also have Tye Dye that has one baby (I started last year) and one more but I can't think of what it is right now. I will check when I get home.

Laura

Comments (3)