SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jr78_gw

3 weeks so far in the ground! Assist Please

JR78
12 years ago

So I planted this Key Lime tree a few weeks ago and now I have a few questions about some things.

1. I have Thrips on my tree and have purchased some Bayer Advanced Fruit, Citrus & Vegetable Insect Control. 1st off my Key Lime is blooming quite well as you can see in the picture below, and what I have been reading is that these little pest come when it's spring and the tree is blooming. In addition that these pest are not so bad as long as you don't get an excessive amount of them. Regardless, I would like to see them gone. Is there a time frame on when I want to be applying this stuff? Also, should I be concerned that this tree was only planted 3 weeks ago?

{{gwi:567574}}

2. It looks to me that the KL tree is taking quite well to his location, I see a lot of new growth and from what I can tell it looks good. Will someone please let me know if the coloring on this new growth is correct.

3. Would anybody like to tell me the growth process of lime and lemon trees? Basically the different stages from blooming to growing fruit. Also, when the blooming stage is going on, and all the flowers are opening up, do I need to be do anything?

{{gwi:567575}}

Thanks for your help and being patient with my mundane questions.

JR

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations