SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auntierae

My betta hasn't eaten for almost 3 weeks. Please Help!

auntierae
17 years ago

I have been reading the postings for other's fish, I have a fish that won't eat also! "Curley". He was fine for 4 months, until we left him with house sitter for two days and she must have over fed him w/dryed blood worms, plus she dropped the A.C. down and he has not eaten since! (almost 3 wks) I have moved his bowl to a small room and keep the room temp. 80 degrees. So as not to stress him,I have been doing partical water changes with a turkey baster and treated water everyday! I have started adding 1/8 of a teaspoon of epson salt to one gallon of prepared water, and I have been giving him baby food peas with a tooth pick! Temp 78 to 80 degrees. I have also NOW prepared a 10 gallon tank with live plants, gravel and added a product called cylce for the culture! I am letting the water season wtih a bio wheel filter, its been runnging for 4 days now! He is still in a small 2 qt. bowl and I am trying to get him to eat before putting him in the tank! He has had some good energy when I talk to him, but otherwise, he is laying on the bottom or hanging at the top depressed! He stares closely at a small dried blood worm or the peas, but won't eat it! I don't know if he is sick & I should try an antibiotic,or he's just depressed. I didn't want to put him in the tank until he snaps out of it, but maybe I should Please help! 4 days on the tank might not be enough time. PLEASE respond to me and I can tell you more! Thank you so much for any help.

Rae

Comments (8)

Sponsored