SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkvlad21

Gritty mix re-potting confusion 0.0

bkvlad21
9 years ago

I previosly made an inquiry regarding my burned jade's future. A few great minds helped me with advice to water more frequently than I did and to REPOT as soon as possible in gritty mix. :)

I've spent past 4 hours looking through all the gritty mix posts and whoa... you, ladies and gents on this forum, are geniuses!

However the whole topic still seems to be extremely confusing to me. I found a shortcut which I would appreciate to hear an opinion about (I work and go to college full time - really bad lack of time).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRITTY-MIX-FOR-BONSAI-FAMOUS-AL-TAPLA-1-1-1-SOIL-SMALL-BOX-/191231460336?pt=Fertilizer_Soil_Amendments&var=&hash=item2c864883f0

If I bought this pre-made gritty mix, will it kill my beloved Jade? :(

Thank you so much for advice!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, if you don't mind me asking. In my previous post there was confusion amongst the people who were helping me out. One said that the root system is weak and tiny (due to my jade being 3-4 inches tall) and not to brush the old soil off due to the danger of damaging the gentle roots, and also get a bigger pot. The other one however suggested that I get all the old soil off and go with 100% gritty mix in a container which is SMALLER than the one I have.

Both gentlemen seemed to have a wide array of knowledge and expertise therefore I am completely lost to who's advice must I follow?

-bigger pot? smaller pot? same pot?
-brush the old soil off? Keep the old soil and put the gritty mix around?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! Love you :)

Comments (8)