SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojosplants

A Gritty Mix Re pot ~ Sharing Results and Pics..

jojosplants
13 years ago

I really needed to move my Amaryllis to a bigger pot last night, and since things are kinda slow here, I thought i'd share some pictures.

I got the bulb last April, no roots.. Potted it up in the Gritty Mix.

{{gwi:55722}}

It had a very small bulb also..

{{gwi:30305}}

After just a few months in the gritty mix, this was growing great! And kept growing! LOL!

First I must say, she did NOT want to come out of the 6" pot she was in..So needless to say, it was time for a new one. ;-)

{{gwi:55723}}

I was absolutely amazed at the roots it has! I've seen many a picture here, but to see the results of using the gritty mix for yourself is something!

Beautiful white roots, and not a single one had any bad spots!

Even my 13 yr old son was amazed! He's been gardening with me for 10 yrs. now.. and has seen some pretty scary roots. lol..

He ran and got a few of his plants and wanted them switched to the gritty right then and there last night! ROFL!

{{gwi:4362}}

{{gwi:55724}}

{{gwi:55726}}

Her offset grew cosiderably!! And has a nice healthy set of roots to! So I seperated them last night.

{{gwi:55727}}

The beautiful blooms last spring~

Cant' wait to see more. :-)

{{gwi:30304}}

{{gwi:55728}}

{{gwi:55729}}

And their new pot.

That's her daughter bulb off to the left, the same tiny one in the pics up top. She's catching up to mamma real fast!

{{gwi:55731}}

There are a handful here I cant thank enough, for taking the time to teach me about this wonderful mix! :-)

Josh~Mike~Al~Jodi~Nancy...

You guys are the best!

I have healthy, beautiful plants now! And friends and family anxious for spring, to try the mixes now too!

I'm gonna be busy! LOL!

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and if anyone else has plants growing in the gritty mix they'd like to share, please do!

JoJo

Comments (16)