SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jallen26

Key Lime Losing Leaves

jallen26
18 years ago

Hey Everyone, I'm new to growing citrus and found this forum has a lot of great info on it, so I thought this would be the right place to ask a few questions. I have a key lime tree that I got about a week ago thats starting to drop leaves like crazy. It did ok for the first two days, since then its been dropping about 7 or 8 a day. I read that the upper section of roots needs to be very close to the top of the soil or even exposed a little. When I potted them the first time I buried them atleast 1 -2 inches so I uncovered the top sections yesterday. It only seems to be dropping leaves from the middle section of the tree. Also, the leaves that have dropped all started growing a "mini leaf" that attached the existing leaf to the stem, then dropped the main leaf afterwards. I added a link to a photo album with some pictures to help explain that one. The main leaf falls off and leaves this small leaf behind. Does anyone know if this is normal in the winter? Will this small leaf keep growing and replace the main leaf? I have a meyer lemon tree too and its doing great. The key lime is on the right in the picture with both trees. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jsallen2682/album?.dir=/8184

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting