SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evaldas_gw

Various questions about Calamondin from Evaldas

evaldas
14 years ago

So, as you might know I've recently purchased a Calamondin, and I would like to know more about how to take care of it.

I've had a few citruses previously (including Calamondin) but they got attacked by insects and I ended up throwing them out...

So I'd like to use this thread whenever I come up with a question, and hopefuly someone can help me ;).

So first question.

There was a website of Portuguesse citrus plant nursery citrusplants.com but it unfortunately for some reason closed down just a few days ago, and it had few basic tips on how to take care of citrus plants. So there was a comparison of two leaves: one was dark green and it was considered as leaf of a healthy citrus plant, and there was another picture of a leaf and it was bright light green, and it was considered unhealthy. I think it was called "chlorosis" or whatever. Anyways, when I look back I remember my first Calamondin growing new leaves that were light bright green in color, so I assume the tree wasn't too healthy, so how do I avoid this problem with this plant?

And another question:

In that same website it was said that you're not supposed to spray your citrus with a mist sprayer because that increases the risk of mold... What do you think?

Comments (3)