SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

I can't believe I did it!

mboston_gw
16 years ago

Well, I finally allowed myself to pull up about 110 ft of Pipevine ( Calico, tropical) that had grown this summer over the large Plumbago bush that filled the corner of my lot. It had also grown on top of our Jasmine and up into the Crepe Myrtle trees. It had killed both the Plumbago and some of the Jasmine. I didn't realize how thick it had gotten. I had left it all summer because my original vine from years back had died out and this new growth was what the Polys were drawn to. Now the other area where the old vine had been has regrown so I started pulling out the stuff on top of the Plumbago and Jasmine. I transfered all the cats I found on the vine, just a few onto other plants so they would be safe.

Found a beautiful Milkweed pushing up through the vine, and some tiny Plumbagos too.

Sulphurs appeared to be out in numbers today. They were nectaring on my Brazilian Petunia and the Mexican Petunia. I had never seen them on the purple ones before.

The Polys came around, seemed to be attracted to the smell of the Pipevine as we pulled it. pipevine sure stinks yucky to me!

Comments (7)

Sponsored