SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowergardens2

tall, narrow trees for privacy along fenceline

flowergardens2
10 years ago

I have a side yard 8 feet wide and now a monster 2-story spec house facing my yard is being built. It is only 10-12 feet from the fence line. My house is 8 feet from the fence. We have a lovely yard and want to avoid our neighbors peering down on us. Three years ago I mistakenly planted 3 Bradford Pears not knowing they were not great choices due to limb breakage. I have them professional pruned to avoid future problems. I would like to plant something narrow and tall for privacy to block more of the fence line. I do not have much room, so do not want anything too wide. I thought of Cypress or Bamboo but know those are not good choices. I could always wait and see what the builder plants on that side of the fence. What ideas can you think of. I love dogwoods. Are there tall, skinny dogwoods for this area? One of the open "spaces" along the fence I need to cover has about a 15 ft spread and other stretch of open fenceline is about 30 feet wide. The sun will set right into their house, so these trees will not block my light or shade my yard. Their windows will look right into my kitchen. Yikes.. so much for small yards & high prices. The builder paid $701 k for the teardown/lot. Thanks.

Comments (9)