SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleclover_gw

Anyone here signed up for LA DWP turf removal rebate program?

purpleclover
14 years ago

Hi,

I would love to hear from anyone signed up in the SoCal Water Smart turf removal program that was announced in June.

I called for a reservation and was told the program was not functioning yet, but they took my name, number, email, etc., and said they would get back to me.

That didn't happen. Now I see that an application form is online.

In one section of the form eligibility requirements say that program is intended for lawn removal that has been watered for more than a year. In another place it says the program is for those irrigating with SPRINKLER SYSTEMS and that they must be removed/replaced with drip irrigation, etc.

I was also surprised to see that a city permit is required to dig out turf on the parkway (that awful strip between the sidewalk and street)-- even just to replace it with groundcover.

Yet another permit if I want to plant a tree in the strip. And, naturally, the Palo Verde (low water, small to medium, western native) isn't on the list.

Would love to know about progress of any other residents going through this. Or any suggestions from those of you who already did the lawn removal

Thanks,

Comments (2)