SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

OT Pix: new pond construction & blooms...

daniellalell
15 years ago

Okey Dokey, I have been busy! The Bday pond is up and running, & fishies in their new home! but of course still nowhere near complete..not like it will ever be, but ya know, lol. Took me 9 hours to dig, was finished filling Tues night. Fish went in yesterday. I neeeed rocks!!! Waterfall/stream isn't even started yet, but hey..I'm not wonder woman here. Measurements are basically 8x11x3 at the deepest point. Gonna go to HD in a bit and get some mulch, hopefully some low evergreen plants and stuff for around the edges. Put more plants in this morn, but didnt take any pix today. I think the waterlilies will be much happier in here! Thank you again Theresa!

OMG, I wanted to put the lotus into the preform the fish were previously in..yeah OK! that thing must weigh 200lbs! Maybe if I hadn't sunk the container into the ground I coulda had DH help me..but that thing ain't budgin!

DS was takin pix unbeknownst me..this is the only one I care to share, lol. Here I am still in my jammies, filthy as can be, started at 7am.

The hose outline. This was for the inner section..I wound up going about 1' further out for a lil beach effect..O don't mind the swing..the squirrels ate it up, and I havent re-upholstered it yet.

{{gwi:512788}}

{{gwi:236117}}

waterfall/stream mound

{{gwi:512789}}

{{gwi:512790}}

{{gwi:236118}}

{{gwi:236119}}

Releasing the fish..I can't catch those darn plecos though! Fast lil SOB's! And so well camoflaged! Guess they will be joining the others at a later date.

{{gwi:512791}}

My 4 yr old didn't think it was fair I had to make my own Bday present, lol.

I still have plenty of dirt left..I used some to fill in low areas of the yard, holes the dogs dug, and I think I will use the rest for a raised brug bed in the middle of the yard.

Now some flowers...

'Royal Dutch' Gladiolus

{{gwi:458272}}

'Spanish Eyes' Thunbergia..finally got a bloom, lol.

{{gwi:512792}}

'Confection' Rain Lily, A Bday bloom! from Mary..Thank you!

{{gwi:512793}}

Orange canna from Kristy..thank you!

{{gwi:458275}}

'Beauty of Holland' Gladiolus

{{gwi:458277}}

Passi Edulis seedling..thank you Karyn!

{{gwi:512794}}

OK I'm off to HD w/my Bday $$, lol.

Comments (24)