SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

What a mess! Raccoon!

bonniepunch
18 years ago

Last night there was a general uproar and freaking out of kitties in the house - a raccoon had gotten in! Fortunately the cats are big wusses and they ran and hid under the bed, and the raccoon didn't seem very aggressive - it was also a young one, and not very big. But what a mess it made! It ran into the back of the back of the bathroom, which is our storage area, and got up on the shelves. Tons of stuff knocked off, and all over the floor, and how on earth do you get a raccoon out...

While DH and I were standing guard in the doorway to the rest of the place he decided to leave out the back door, so that problem solved itself. We just had to spend an hour cleaning up the mess :-(

Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the strange damage I've seen to my plants is caused by that guy. I had half of my tomato plants chomped off earlier this week. I have always had bad squirrel problems, but I've never seen this before. Several Liatris bulbs were dug up and eaten by something - that's a first too. I sure hope this beast was just passing through last night and hasn't taken up residence somewhere!

BP

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida