SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahia_gw

San Francisco Landscape and Garden Show

bahia
15 years ago

Anyone else make it to the opening day for the show down in San Mateo? I spent the afternoon enjoying the gardens, and there were some really interesting ones this year, which may also be the last year of the show, if they can't find a buyer and agree on a price. Vendors were saying that sales were good so far this year, which is good news in my view. I enjoyed at least 3 or 4 of the gardens in particular, and noticed that there were a lot of gardens which featured vertical walls of planting or roof top gardens, as well as preaching about the buzz words of sustainable gardening via collecting roof water, solar collectors on the roofs, growing edibles, etc.

I didn't end up buying any plants from vendors, (why would I when I work weekends for Annie's?), but did walk out with the new book by the Ogdens on Plant-Driven Design, as well as Patrick Blanc's book, The Vertical Garden. I also took photos for the first time with my new digital camera, although I didn't have enough capacity left on my camera to photograph all the gardens I liked, oh well...

I'd recommend it this year if anyone had doubts about whether to go or not, help support the industry! It will be open through Sunday evening, down at the San Mateo County Fairgrounds, just south of Hwy 92 off Delaware Street.

Comments (9)